Snapp – IPTV & Plex Media Player v1.6 Release News
It's February and while WHMCS Smarters still have Christmas artwork banners on their website the good people at AVS have been busy pushing the latest release for Snapp which has some very important updates.
Snapp is an IPTV media player available on the Play Store and Aptoide. What's different about Snapp is that it merges IPTV from a M3U playlist and Plex Media Server content in to one display, the only app available capable of this at the time of producing this post.
What’s new in version 1.6
Most importantly Snapp can now be installed on Mobile devices. A huge step forward in the development of this project having access to all your content on the go in the same format as you get on your big screen.
If you have already installed on your TV box or Fire Stick then adding to your mobile device is simple. When launching for the first time just use the same email address as previously used and then enter your secure Snapp code when asked. Your content will be transferred to the new device and you will be ready go.
Another huge feature is the resume playback feature of Snapp. Picking up where you left your favorite TV Show or Movie is now possible and not just on the device you were watching it on. You can now resume playback where you left off across all your devices logged in to the same account.
Full version 1.6 changelog
February 2020 release changelog
- Mobile device compatible
- Resume VOD playback across devices
- Special char accepted in M3U URL
- TMDB API updated
- Background change
- VOD recommendations based on consumed content
- IPTV provider (SnappXC) membership account data parse reduced
The list of features in Snapp is getting very interesting.
- M3U and plex content combined
- No requirement for EPG URL's or EPG data (Snapp generates this automatically)
- Built in VPN with multi servers
- Resume playback across devices, transfer content across devices instantly
- Combine upto 3 M3U playlists in to output
- Organise M3U content and hide channels/channel groups
- Recommendations on Live TV based on watch history
- Recommendations on VOD based on watch history
- Search feature based on users content
- IPTV provider and user platform (users login with CMS credentials and provider Snapp code)
- Grid style TV guide
- In play now & next live TV guide